Projects are part of everyone’s life. Whether applied in work, business, or in certain facets of life, we do projects. Projects are simple or complex. Some projects are inexpensive while others are costly. There are projects that can be done alone while most projects are done with team members. Projects can be frustrating and yet fun to implement.
How do we manage projects successfully based on requirements of business?
The role of Project Manager is critical, and as such, he/she should learn core concepts and best practices in project management. It is imperative that he/she understands the life cycle of project management and develop skill sets in project planning and implementation.
This 2-day program is designed to help participants augment their existing understanding of project management by learning a number of powerful tools and techniques that can be used in managing projects.
The program will discuss the concepts and principles behind each technique, and will allow participants to apply their understanding of the tools through a series of workshops.
Key Seminar Topics
1. Learn the eight ‘Ps’ of Project Management i.e. Projects, Programs, Portfolios, Phases, Parts, Processes, Patterns and Personalities.
2. Understand the 10 critical facets of the project that the project manager needs to actively manage.
3. Learn to leverage on 10 powerful tools and techniques to manage the critical facets of your project.
3.1 Project Brief: Explain your project clearly and concisely using a Project Brief.
3.2 Work Breakdown Structure: Determine precisely what project deliverables your team should work on using a simple WBS.
3.3 Critical Path Method: Identify which project activities you need to closely manage by identifying the critical path of your project
3.4 Earned Value Analysis: Evaluate how economically the project is expending project effort using Earned Value Analysis.
3.5 A3 Report: Create a plan for solving critical project related issues, and retain knowledge about them.
3.6 DOPE Test: Decipher the personalities of your project team members so you can better manage their performance.
3.7 Communications Plan: Share project information to critical stakeholders by crafting a simple yet effective Communications Plan.
3.8 Risk Register: Identify and assess project risks and develop risk contingency plans using a Risk Register
3.9 Contract Review: Review contracts intelligently by knowing the core facets of the project contract that must be critically evaluated.
3.10 Salience Model: Know how to better manage stakeholder engagements using the Salience Model.
The Resource Speaker and Expert
Cogniseed Consulting Inc.
Christian Orias is a Management Consultant specializing in IT Service Management, Information Security Management, Quality Management, Project Management and Process Improvement.
He is the Managing Director of Cogniseed Consulting, Inc. and an independent member of the Audit Committee of the Philippine Electricity Market Corporation.
Being a Consultant, Auditor and Trainer, he has assisted numerous companies with their ISO 9001, 20000, 27001 and 22301 Certification initiatives and helped hundreds of professionals obtain their ITIL, Project Management Professional (PMP) and Lean Six Sigma certifications.
He honed his expertise and much of his project management experience while working for top-tier Fortune 500 companies, such as, Intel, Hewlett-Packard, Oracle, Synnex-Concentrix and United Health Group. He has 15 professional certifications – Certified ITIL Expert, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), ASQ Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt (CMBB), ASQ Certified Manager of Quality & Organizational Excellence (CMQ-OE), a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and a certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Management Engineering from the University of Santo Tomas.
He co-authored two (2) U.S. Patents and four (4) Defensive Intellectual Property Publications in the fields of Semiconductor Electronic Packaging Technology and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology.
Who Should Attend
Middle to senior-level Managers, Project Managers, IT Software Developers, Corporate Planners, Construction Managers, General Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Finance Managers, Risk Managers, Six Sigma/Quality Practitioners, Business Development Managers, Marketing Managers, Product Managers, Event Managers, and those who are involved in business planning and project management tasks.
PHP 15,999 plus VAT
Fees are inclusive of meals and seminar kit for 2 days.
– 10% Early Bird Discount (register and pay on or before October 31, 2018)
– 20% Discount to Academe/Students/Government
– 5% Discount for Past Delegates of Fiera de Manila, Inc. programs
– Best Buy Promo (send 5 delegates and get additional 1 for free)
Reviews – What they say about the program …
1. ‘The speaker is very smart and he was able to discuss each topic in a simplified form.’
– Mary Ann Vines Pacoma, Sobida Motors Corporation.
2. ‘The seminar is really a big help to the Project Management involvement; very knowledgeable and applicable.’
– Jenny Maravillas, Equitable Computer Services, Inc. (EQUICOM)
3. ‘The topics that were discussed are all very helpful for our company and for me also.’
– Lenny Balen, SMS Philippines Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
4. ‘I learned how to manage project from initiating to closing, handling issues,
CPM, EVA, Project Brief and How to be a Good Project Manager.’
– Danilo T. Magbanua, Dairy Zest Corporation
5. ‘Excellent. A lot of learnings to be implemented at work.
A must to all Project Managers to attend this kind of seminar.’
– Ricky Natonton, Cathay Land, Inc.
6. ‘It was effective and I have learned a lot.’
– Ferdinand Allan V. Villanueva, AsiaPhilippines.
Call: +632-8960639, 8960637
Fax: +632-8960637, 8902101
Visit Website: www.fmi.com.ph
Stay updated on all our learning events!
Follow the Fiera de Manila, Inc.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fierademla