The proliferation of ‘events’ as a strategic marketing and communication tool used by companies and brands to introduce and promote products and services lead practitioners to take a closer look at the ‘science of event management’ as a multi-disciplinary field of study. Its recent growth led Experts on event management to establish the discipline as a mainstream profession.
The Event Manager is the person who plans and executes events. Event Managers and their teams are often behind-the-scenes running the project. Event managers are involved in more than just planning and execution of the event, but also in brand building, marketing and communication strategies. The Event Manager is an Expert in creative/design, marketing/advertising, and technical/logistical aspect of the project. As a multi-dimensional profession, the Event Manager is also involved in audio-visual production, program script writing, talent sourcing and management, stage production, and lights and sounds. (Source: Wiki).
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
1. Define event management and the role of the event manager.
2. Understand the five (5) phases of event management.
3. Develop concepts and themes for events.
4. Execute event styling and merchandising based on themes.
5. Manage and nurture the creative process in events.
6. Know the latest technologies used in event management.
7. Understand and know financial management for events.
8. Predict consequences of logistics management including staging and technical production.
9. Know the basics in banqueting, waitering, catering, food and drinks requirements of events.
Key Course Topics
1. Phases of Event Management
– overall process covering pre-event, during-the-event, and post-event (research, program design, planning, coordination and evaluation)
– venue/site selection
2. Event Marketing, Communication and Promotion, Sponsorship
– Campaign for participation (delegates, exhibitors, seminar attendees, VIPs)
– Tri-media (radio, TV, print), digital (internet/mobile), direct mail, PR, below-the-line/OOH, activation campaigns
– Discussion on corporate sponsorships
3. Event Financial Management
– setting event budget (Profit & Loss), ROIs, Break-Even Point, Profit Ratios
4. Event Technology
– registration, promotion campaign, ticketing, special effects, AVPs
5. Special Event Program
– includes contests, entertainers, design galleries, photo exhibits, special settings of events
6. Event Creative Process
– overall theme, creative story telling and narratives, creative process and pathways
7. Event Styling and Merchandising
– overall creative execution of event theme into distinct unique style and character, merchandising, and activation
8. Events Case Studies: Learnings and Insights
– Life cycle events
– Entertainment, Concerts/Festivals
9. Birds-of-Same-Feather Group Session (FGD)
– Ask-the-Expert group discussions on events
– Up-close and personal conversations with Experts
10. Food and Beverage Requirements
– menus, banqueting, waitering, physical set-up, room assignments
11. Event Evaluation
– feedback forms, survey questionnaires, data collection
12. Event Project Presentation
– each group to present an event project
This Course will have lectures, case studies, role playing and project presentations.
Who Should Attend
Event Professionals/Managers, Corporate Communication Managers, Brand Managers, PR Professionals, Trade Show/Exhibition Specialists, Organizers/Managers, MICE Planners, Event Project Managers, Marketing/Advertising Managers/Professionals, HR Managers, Business Owners/Entrepreneurs, Academe, Students and those involved in event planning/organizing/managing; or, those shifting careers to event management.
Registration Fees and Discount Scheme
To cover 3 days attendance, lunch and snacks, training kits, and certificate.
– Local Participants Rate
PHP 21,000 plus VAT Early Bird (Register and Pay on or before August 31, 2018)
PHP 25,000 plus VAT – Regular
PHP 28,000 Walk-In/On-site
– Foreign Participants Rate
US$ 700 Early Bird (Register and Pay on or before August 31, 2018)
US$ 900 Regular
US$ 1,100 Walk-In/On-site
– Package of 5 Delegates + 1 Free (Send 5 delegates and get additional 1 for free)
Call: +632-8960639, 8960637
Visit Website: https://www.fmi.com.ph
Reviews – What They Say About the Program
1. Well-organized and speedy registration.
– Gail Villanueva, Accenture PH
2. Very informative.
– Bianca Dalumpines, Hinge Inquirer
3. Keep up the amazing job in breeding events management champions!
– Gian Magapuro, Universal Robina Corporation
4. Good content & Resource Speakers.
– Iana Celest Bernardez, Logika Concepts
5. Food was delicious. I have learned a lot for the last 3 days …
– Mark Ortinero, Rustan Coffee Corporation
6. Two thumbs up!
– Kenneth Montegrande, Streetwise Events Management and PR
7. I just wish we have more time in sharing life and speaker’s experience stories.
– Mary Grace Sardea, Monogram Style PH
8. Great Seminar. 🙂 We hope to attend another event like this from Fiera de Manila!
– Evey Vela, Unionbank
9. I gained a lot of learnings from the course. Thumbs Up!
– Jo-Ann Cruz, GSIS
10. Excellent. A good learning experience. Resource Speakers who are subject matter experts are able to give participants all important information and tips.
– Mina Ramos, Chevron
11. I enjoyed the whole experience in this course. I will definitely join another related courses/seminars.
– Gladys Dy, Dy Creates Events Management
The Resource Speakers and Experts
Director of Event Management
Stratford University, USA
Alice is the Director of Event Management Program of Stratford University in Falls Church, Virginia, where she produces all the major university events. She received both her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Music Education from the University of Rochester’s Eastman School of Music, and a Masters in Business Administration from Stratford University. She completed all academic requirements for a Doctorate in Higher Education at Stratford University.
Alice is one of the elites in international events management industry to hold the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation from the International Special Events Society (ISES), and one of a handful event professionals to reach Emeritus status. She is the Founder and past President of the Greater Washington Chapter of ISES and served for years on the Board of Directors and the Advisory Board. She taught and lectured at universities in Spain, Canada, De La Salle University in the Philippines, University of San Diego, University of Southern Oregon, Temple University, James Madison University and University of Arizona.
Alice mentored students all over the world, many of whom attained successful careers and achieved CSEP status. In 2010, she was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Greater Washington Chapter of ISES.
Chairman and President
ISST (International School of Sustainable Tourism)
When you think of world-wide success in the crafts export business, there is only one name, and that is Mina T. Gabor. She is a visionary. Dr. Gabor started and established the first handicraft export manufacturing company in the Philippines, Lawin Cottage Industries. She was the pioneer in the development and marketing of non-traditional export products. She also set up the first buying office in Manila (Lawin Merchandising Service, Inc.) and became a successful buying agent for the major retailers in the United States, Japan, Australia, Singapore, London, and France.
She founded and served as President of CITEM (Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions, Inc.), the export promotion agency of the Department of Trade and Industry. Among her notable accomplishments in CITEM were the establishment of the Philippine Trade Training Center (PTTC) with the Japanese grant of 15M USD to build it, and got the franchise of the World Trade Center for the Philippines. At this time, she did not only make her business successful, but she also stimulated the country’s cottage industry, pushed it to go urban and world-class, and introduced it to the world.
Fiera de Manila, Inc. (www.fmi.com.ph)
Norelyn is the Vice President of Fiera de Manila, Inc. – a company that organizes trade shows/exhibitions, conferences, seminars and corporate events for the last 22 years.
Prior to establishing Fiera de Manila, Inc., she worked with CITEM-DTI (Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions, Inc.) for 12 years handling Manila FAME Market Week and Philippine official participation to international trade shows and trade missions. In CITEM, she was involved in export industry development program, international trade, investments and export marketing, and packaging of project proposals for funding of international organizations.
She served as Local Consultant of JETRO, MITI (Japan External Trade Organization, Ministry of Trade and Investment) from 1998 to 2004.
She is a digital marketing practitioner and passionate about Analytics – how data are used to guide digital marketing strategies using social media, SEO/Search, email marketing, and e-Commerce.
She holds a Master’s degree in Sociology as a Ford Foundation Scholar from the Ateneo de Manila University and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of St. La Salle, Magna Cum Laude. She holds a Certification on Exhibition Management Course in Milan, Italy.
She is one of the Founding Directors of IMMAP (Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines) and DCOM (Digital Commerce Association of the Philippines). She was President of ASAP (Advertising Suppliers Association of the Philippines). In 2011, she is one of the Board of Directors of AdBoard (Advertising Board of the Philippines).